Friday, February 24, 2012
They've tried to carefully re-tell a story from a beloved film using the latest and greatest technologies available to the amusement industry.
Some have been drawing up blueprints and schematics, others have been sketching out storyboards, while others have been writing simple paragraphs detailing their ride experience.
Today, we find out which ideas will take their first steps on the road to super stardom.
Today, we begin the Semi-Final Round of the 2012 "Reel" Design Contest.
On this week's show, EB and Mike reveal the first five Semi-Finalists and discuss each entry in detail.
What parts of the attraction concept work? What are some things that might need to change? Could the design actually work in a real-life theme park?
We'll announce the next five Semi-Finalists on next week's show. Then, we'll narrow the Top 10 entries down to three finalists.
Those finalists will be judged by an esteemed panel of industry experts... including:
* Neil Patrick Harris
* Gary Goddard, Founder and CEO, The Goddard Group
* Dan Koch, President of Holiday World and Splashin' Safari
* Korey Kiepert, Engineer & Partner at The Gravity Group
* Dave Altman, President, American Coaster Enthusiasts
* Arthur Levine, Theme Park Guide, About.com
* Lance Hart, Editor of Screamscape.com
* Andre from Miami, FL - The 2006 "Reel" Design Contest Winner
Plus, we also have a LIVE REPORT from the Disneyland Resort. Apparently, there has been a disturbance outside of the Terror or Terror at Disney California Adventure. We have a live microphone on-site to get to the bottom of the situation.
All that and much more, this week on CoasterRadio.com!
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Direct Podcast Link